If you are already a Mason, you may wish to petition for Scottish Rite membership to receive additional instruction and explanation regarding the allegory and symbolism learned in the Masonic Lodge as an expansion and enhancement of your Masonic career.
The Scottish Rite bodies elaborate on the basic tenets of Freemasonry. You can, of course, ask a Scottish Rite Mason for a petition. Or, you can download and fill out the petition form provided on our website. Once you have completed the petition form, you will need two (2) Scottish Rite Masons to sign your petition as your sponsors. After completing that task, mail the petition with your fees to the Valley at 211 East Market Street, P.O. Box 1420, Warren, Ohio, 44482-1420, or stop by the Masonic Temple during normal business hours. Welcome!
HOW TO JOIN
If you are not a Mason:
If you are not already a Mason, you need to become one before joining Scottish Rite. Simply contact us and we will be happy to help you get in touch with a Lodge in your area.
If you are already a Mason:
The Scottish Rite bodies elaborate and enhance the basic tenets of Freemasonry. If you are already a Mason, we invite you to petition for Scottish Rite membership. You will then receive information regarding the next Scottish Rite Reunion to be held in the Valley.
To obtain a petition:
- ask any member of the Scottish Rite for a petition
- request a petition to be mailed to you by filling out the form on this page, or download a petition here.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the Scottish Rite:
- It is the University of Freemasonry.
- Scottish Rite Masons are especially honored by family members and others outside the fraternity.
- It is Americas leading sponsor of clinics and centers addressing language disorders in children.
- It is Freemasonry’s leading teacher of Masonic philosophy, ethics, and toleration.
- It expands opportunities to make connections and forge friendships beyond our community and state.
- It broadens your fraternal participation and involvement.
- It offers direct access to some of the best Masonic publications anywhere.
- It provides unique opportunities for leadership and recognition.
- It presents a time-proven self-study and development program for men.
- It offers a comfortable and objective format for exploring the great questions of religion and philosophy